CD rates (APY) at the largest US banks (Current Data) for a $10,000 deposit.
|Bank ||CD Rates - APY in % |
as of 9/9/09 for $10,000
|6- Mo ||1-Yr ||18-Mo ||2-Yrs ||3-Yrs ||5-Yrs |
|Bank of America (BAC) ||0.55 ||0.95 ||1.00 ||2.15 ||2.30 ||3.01 |
|JP Morgan Chase (JPM) |
Bought WaMu -Washington Mutual
|0.75 ||1.25 ||1.50 ||2.15 ||2.25 ||3.00 |
|Citibank (C) |
aka Citigroup & Citicorp
|0.80 ||1.49 ||1.98 ||1.73 ||2.23 ||3.44 |
|Wells Fargo Bank (WFC) |
Bought Wachovia - World Savings
|0.30 ||0.60 ||1.40 |
|NA ||NA |
|HSBC Bank North America - |
Branch & Telephone Rates
|0.45 ||0.55 ||0.55 |
|0.75 ||0.75 ||1.01 |
|HSBC Online Rates ||1.25 ||2.00 ||2.00 |
|US Treasury Rate ||0.20 ||0.39 ||NA ||0.94 ||1.51 ||2.41 |
To see the table in full size with the current rates, click the
- Bank of America or BofA (BAC stock quotes and charts) was "Nations Bank" before it bought Bank of America and took the name. BofA also bought Merrill Lynch officially as of January 1, 2009.
- JP Morgan Chase (JPM stock quote and charts) bought Washington Mutual, fondly known as "WaMu"
- Citibank (C stock quote and charts) is also known as Citigroup & Citicorp
- Wells Fargo Bank (WFC stock quotes and charts) bought Wachovia Bank- that bought World Savings Bank)
- HSBC Bank North America is the American subsidiary of UK-based HSBC Holdings plc. The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation, also a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings, acquired a 51% shareholding in Marine Midland Bank of New York in 1980 and extended to full ownership in 1987. The banks continued to operate under the Marine Midland name until 1998, when the branch offices were rebranded as HSBC Bank USA.